03-Apr-2020 - 06-Apr-2020
Duration: 4 Days 3 Nights
Suitable for: Weekend test pilot, racer or non riders welcome
Prices from: $3250.00; SS$385.00
You’ll spend the famous race day of the Tour of Flanders on a VIP experience with Phil Anderson as we follow the race in our vehicles, stopping for the Champagne or Belgian beer and a gourmet picnic lunch’s during the race
Phil was based in Belgium for much of his early pro cycling career, and knows the scene well. He was passionate about doing well in these early season Spring Classics races and placed 2nd at the Tour of Flanders twice. He had many podium places in the one day monument races and was always a dominant player.Our experience allows us to see the races at multiple viewing points en route,
Arrive in Flanders
Today's Ride: 45km Welcome RieWelcome to the Belgium, The Spring Classics and The Tour of Flanders.
We will meet you at the location of your choice: 9am Brussels Airport – or 11am: Aalst Train Station. We always highly recommend arriving at least one day prior to a tour start.
Once at our Team Hotel, we’ll assist you to build up your bike, or do the final fitting, put your pedals onto your hire bike etc.
After a quick bite to each for lunch, we’ll ride from our hotel to the Tour of Flanders event area to collect our registrations for the following day.
Today's Ride:Today is the day you’ve been waiting for and dreaming about. Today is all about the Tour of Flanders Sportif.
Like many other European mass participation rides, this event can be started at anytime between 7am – 10am. This flexible start time helps to spread the 16,000 participants out over the course and helps reduces riders pre-ride/race nerves.
We choose a generous start time to allow for our short morning vehicle transfer. Loop rides start and finish in the town of Oudenaarde, over a challenging hilly, cobbled course.
Race Day - Tour of Flanders
Today's Ride:Today is our VIP Tour of Flanders experience co-hosted by Australian former pro cyclist Phil Anderson and Pat Fitzpatrick.
Phil is highly regarded and remembered well in Belgium due to his attacking style of racing. Phil focused the early part of each of his racing season for the Spring Classics, where he had great success, winning the Amstel Gold Race, placing 2nd twice at the Tour of Flanders, and more.
Phil will give us a truly unique VIP experience and expert commentary through the day as we navigate a very tricky course to see the race in style while hearing his insights into the way the race is playing out on the day. There may even be the odd ale to keep us going as we approach the finale.
Today's Ride: Nil
Today is the end of services by Phil Anderson Cycling and Ride International Tours.
Onward Travel options:
We will transfer you to the train station in Aalst unless you are continuing on with us to our Belgie Training Camp.
- Cycling Friendly Four Star Accommodation.
- Daily breakfasts
- Tour of Flanders - Race Day, European-Style Gourmet Picnic Lunch, French bubbly, Belgium beer, Wine, Cool Drinks
- Complimentary entry into the Tour of Flanders Sportif
- Local guides for cycling and non-cyclists including former Australian Pro Rider Phil Anderson
- Minimum of three guided ride options per day, to suit your preferred distance and amount of climbing
- Pro mechanical support on tour
- Support vehicle
- Web Itinerary, including daily ride maps with non cycling options
- Free download of our GPS Ride Routes
- Complimentary return airport - or train station transfers
- Daily Bike Spa including Bike Wash, Mechanical check and tune, by a Pro Mechanic
- Cyclists Receive Our Premium Quality European Rider Pack including: Jersey, Knicks, Socks, Cycling Cap and Musette Bag
- Non-Cyclists Receive a Spectator Pack including Polo Shirt, Socks, Cap and Musette Bag
- Meals other than those specified
- Drinks other than those specified
- Snacks other than those specified
- Bike Hire- available upon request. Contact our friendly staff at Phil Anderson Cycling for details.
- Airfares- available upon request.