10-Apr-2020 - 13-Apr-2020
Duration: 4 Days 3 Nights
Suitable for: Weekend test pilot, racer or non riders welcome
Prices from: $3250.00; SS$365.00
Join Phil Anderson and Ride International Tours for a VIP experience at the 2020 Spring Classic, the Paris Roubaix.
Join Phil for Paris Roubaix Sportive and then spend the evening with tales a plenty about your day's exploits while Phil recant's the stories from back in the day, most focusing on avoiding the grueling race that will play out tomorrow.
You'll spend the famous race day, the Paris Roubaix on a VIP experience with Phil Anderson from the start to mid race check points that include lunch, champers or local ale before a dash to the watch the finish in the Roubaix velodrome.
Be a spectator with an iconic Australian who paved the way for a raft of tough Aussies who followed, a few of whom have stamped their names on this race.
Arrive in Belgium
Today's Ride: 45km Welcome Ride
Welcome to Belgium, The Spring Classics and the Paris Roubaix.
We will meet you at the Lille Train Station and transfer you to our accommodation. If you have time and are not transferring across from our previous tour try and arrive in Belgium the day before our tour start.
Once we arrive at our hotel we will assist with bike set up.
After a quick bite to eat for lunch we will ride to the Paris Roubaix event area to collect our registrations for the tomorrows big day. While we are there it is worth checking out the famous velodrome and infamous shower block.
Paris Roubaix Sportive
Today's Ride: 70-145km routes
Today is the day you've been training for and dreaming about. The Paris Roubaix sportive.
Like many other European mass participation rides, this event can be stated at anytime between 7amm - 10am. This flexible start time helps to spread the huge number of participants over the course. We will start our race early enough so that all can get through the course.
After the ride we will transfer back to the hotel for showers and refreshments before heading out to Ypres. There will be time to explore this incredible town and time to attend the last post ceremony. A moving tribute to the British and Commonwealth soldiers killed and whose graves are unknown.
Paris Roubaix Race Day
We offer an exciting day of VIP spectating with Phil Anderson. He will guide us through the 2020 race with his co host Pat Fitzpatrick.
Phil is highly regarded in Belgium but the Roubaix is a race he often pulled rank to avoid, ask him why? He is familiar with the race and roads having lived in Belgium and trained on them for years and will expertly guide you through the race as it takes its toll on all but the strongest riders.
We will see the start then transfer ahead of the race to pick up the riders mid route while enjoying our gourmet lunch, all washed down with ales or champers.
We will move again picking up the race at critical points before we head to the velodrome and the finish. An action packed day.
Today is the end of services by Phil Anderson Cycling and Ride International Tours.
Onward Travel Options.
We will transfer you to the train station in Lille.
- Cycling Friendly Four Star Accommodation.
- Daily breakfasts
- Paris Roubaix - Race Day, European-Style Gourmet Picnic Lunch, French bubbly, Belgium beer, Wine, Cool Drinks
- Complimentary entry into the Paris Roubaix Sportive
- Local guides for cycling and non-cyclists including former Australian Pro Rider Phil Anderson
- Minimum of three guided ride options per day, to suit your preferred distance and amount of climbing
- Pro mechanical support on tour
- Support vehicle
- Web Itinerary, including daily ride maps with non cycling options
- Free download of our GPS Ride Routes
- Complimentary return airport - or train station transfers
- Daily Bike Spa including Bike Wash, Mechanical check and tune, by a Pro Mechanic
- Cyclists Receive Our Premium Quality European Rider Pack including: Jersey, Knicks, Socks, Cycling Cap and Musette Bag
- Non-Cyclists Receive a Spectator Pack including Polo Shirt, Socks, Cap and Musette Bag
- Meals other than those specified
- Drinks other than those specified
- Snacks other than those specified
- Bike Hire- available upon request. Contact our friendly staff at Phil Anderson Cycling for
- Airfares- available upon request.