25-Jun-2020 - 01-Jul-2020
Duration: 7 Days - 6 Nights
Suitable for: Suitable for weekend test pilot, racer or non riders welcome
Prices from: $5950.00
From early June tensions begin to rise in the cycling world as the Tour de France approaches. With the Tour de France starting in Nice in 2020 it is a grand time to experience riding around Nice, the Côte d’Azur, both the French and Italian Riviera and the 2020 Tour de France grand depart.It’s a beautiful time to visit and ride in France. We’ll show you the smaller roads, charming villages and stay in chic French hotels.
It’s with out a doubt the best time to visit France, the villages, the big cities all come to life to the sights, sounds and festivities of the Tour de France.
Pre - Tour de France
Today's Ride: 35km Easy welcome ride
Pre Tour de France
Today's Ride: 132.9km moderately hard and hilly
We will ride the historic final section of Milan San Remo race, including the segment over the Poggio climb to San Remo before turning for home to recover in wonderful Nice.
2020 Tour de France - Grand Depart. Nice Nice 156km
Today's Ride: Short 30-40km roll
Viva la tour!
Nice - Nice 187km
Today's Ride: 40 - 80km
Today we pick up the Tour de France in the hills off the coast.
Bearing in mind the late starts of the peleton we too will become accustomed to pro hours and rise at a leisurely hour, relax over breakfast and ponder the news of the day, stage 1 and perhaps the weather!
Our ride is descent, though only a moderate distance there are some significant elevations as we head into the pre-alps d'Azur via the Col de Madone to a key point in the stage. The modern version of le tour is an exacting affair, the first days stressful and no one willing to lose a second. Once the race has passed we will return to town on a shorter course to enable time to see the stage finish, always an exciting finale.
With the stage over there is time to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the evening together.
Nice - Sisteron 198km
Today's Ride: choice of 60 - 100 - 150km
We are aiming to touch le tour again today while providing a great ride for all levels.
Remembering that some may not choose to accept the full mission there is the opportunity to ride from Saint-Cezaire-sur-Saigne to Grasse, the heart of the perfume industry in France.
With 2500m of elevation gain on the cards today and a Tour de France deadline, today is where you show your strength. Phil sets a solid pace.
Sisteron - Orcières-Merlette 156km
Today's Ride: 112km - fairly hilly
Beginning our ride in La Napoule we will follow some of Phil's old training routes along the twisty roads of the Côte d'Azur, through the Parc Nationale d'Esterel & foothills above the Mediterranean. After enjoying a late lunch in the village of Gassin we will finish our ride with a descent to the Port of St Tropez and consider a refreshment at the conclusion the day's adventure.
Tonight we re-group for a formal meal together before we depart Nice tomorrow.
TdF stage Gap - Privas 187km
Today's Ride: Nil Ride today
After a leisurely breakfast we bid you farewell.
We depart for the Nice airport at 0930.
Today is the end of serviced by Phil Anderson Cycling and Ride International Tours.
- Cycling Friendly Four Star & occasionally 3 Star Accommodation.
- Daily breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- Sports hydration support and fuel
- Tour Welcome pack, kit
- Local guides for cycling and non-cyclists including former Australian Pro Rider Phil Anderson
- Minimum of three guided ride options per day, to suit your preferred distance and amount of climbing
- Pro mechanical support on tour
- Support vehicle every ride
- Web Itinerary, including daily ride maps with non -cycling options
- Free download of our GPS Ride Routes
- Complimentary return airport - or train station transfers
- Daily Bike Spa including Bike Wash, Mechanical check and tune, by a Pro Mechanic
- Cyclists Receive Our Premium Quality European Rider Pack including: Jersey, Knicks, Socks, Cycling Cap and Musette Bag
- Non-Cyclists Receive a Spectator Pack including Polo Shirt, Socks, Cap and Musette Bag
• Meals other than those specified
• Drinks other than those specified
• Snacks other than those specified
• Bike Hire- available upon request. Contact staff at Phil Anderson Cycling for details.
• Airfares- available upon request.
• Bicycle Parts and Mechanical Fees for additional repairs