09-Jul-2020 - 12-Jul-2020
Duration: 4 Days 3 Nights
Suitable for: Weekend test pilot, racer or non riders welcome
Prices from: $2995.00
Phil Anderson welcomes you to the 2020 Tour de France! Ride with Phil through a region in France where he has had countless successes including famously taking hold of the yellow jersey in the 1981.
Ride the secret roads of Provence, the cote de Rhone and tackle the gentle giant of the region, the Mont Ventoux.
This short riding experience in magical Provence touches the Tour de France while focusing on the specialties of the region.
2020 TdF Stage 12, Chauvigny - Sarran Correze 218km
Today's Ride: 60-70km Welcome Ride
TdF Stage 13, Chatel-Guyon - Puy Mary Cantal 191km
Today's Ride: 80km's, Brutish mountain
Today's ride is a challenge for any cyclist, the first time or each. The Mont Ventoux has a long history of notoriety, it claimed the life of British cyclist Tom Simpson in 1967. Eventual Tour winner Eddy Merckx also found himself in a similar situation when he passed out mid race while ascending the mountain in 1970.
We may take it a little easier though go ahead if you want to ride hard. That said we start the day easy, pro hours with a late start and big breakfast. There is time to climb this mountain on your terms.
Mont Ventoux does not need describing but as Phil would say, save you legs until you breach the forest that shadows you for the first half or more of the climb. The ride starts when you reach the lunar landscape that has made the mountain famous.
2020 TdF Stage 14, Clermont-Ferrand - Lyon 197km
Today's Ride: 55km
It was always only going to be a short break in Provence. Today we say goodbye to the idle ambiance the region affords as we leave our chateau, and catch Le Tour.
We are planning a gorgeous recovery ride through some of the secret roads of Provence. The experience will tantalize, the roads scenic, the hills rolling along.
Reinvigorated from our ride we transfer to our Lyon Hotel where we will ready ourselves for a Tour de France stage finish experience.
2020 TdF stage 15, Lyon - Grand Colombier 175km
Today's Ride: Nil Ride today
This short little Provence experience just keeps giving in terms of the Tour de France.
We are packed and ready to move to our next destination but before we go we can spectate the start of Stage 16 this morning in Lyon. What a bonus!
Today is the end of services by Phil and the Ride International Team unless you are traveling with us to the Alps.
- Cycling Friendly Four Star & occasionally 3 Star Accommodation.
- Daily breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- Sports hydration support and fuel
- Tour Welcome pack, kit
- Local guides for cycling and non-cyclists including former Australian Pro Rider Phil Anderson
- Minimum of three guided ride options per day, to suit your preferred distance and amount of climbing
- Pro mechanical support on tour
- Support vehicle every ride
- Web Itinerary, including daily ride maps with non -cycling options
- Free download of our GPS Ride Routes
- Complimentary return airport - or train station transfers
- Daily Bike Spa including Bike Wash, Mechanical check and tune, by a Pro Mechanic
- Cyclists Receive Our Premium Quality European Rider Pack including: Jersey, Knicks, Socks, Cycling Cap and Musette Bag
- Non-Cyclists Receive a Spectator Pack including Polo Shirt, Socks, Cap and Musette Bag
• Meals other than those specified
• Drinks other than those specified
• Snacks other than those specified
• Bike Hire- available upon request. Contact staff at Phil Anderson Cycling for details.
• Airfares- available upon request.
• Bicycle Parts and Mechanical Fees for additional repairs